Freshmen: These programs are for you!
When: Summer Session 2
What: A summer program before your fall semester. You will get a head start on your collegiate career with courses, orientations to campus life, a preview of resources and opportunities, and a foundation of lasting friendships. The Summer Scholars program creates a successful transition to Illinois.
When: Fall term, as a part of ENG 100
What: Peer mentors, juniors and seniors in the College of Engineering, are available to support you in your transition to Engineering at Illinois by offering on-the-ground friendly advice.
When: Aug. 20, 2016
Where: Krannert Center for the Performing Arts
What: An inspiring afternoon full of speakers, entertainment, food, and more. It is your official welcome to Engineering at Illinois and the start of Engineering 100.
All first-year students are expected to attend.
When: Freshman year
What: Informal events to connect you with corporate representatives (co-sponsored with Engineering Career Services).
The objectives of this program are to help you:
- Gain a better understanding of the field of engineering and the breath of opportunities available.
- Actively engage with practicing engineers and HR personnel of nation’s top companies in a casual and relaxed atmosphere.
- Learn about companies and the characteristics companies look for in an intern or new hire candidate.
- Establish contacts in the engineering industry.
- Understand the importance of developing strong resumes early.
When: December 2016
Where: Illini Union Rooms ABC
What: All first-year engineering students are invited to participate in celebrating the end of the first semester and highlight their accomplishments. This is an opportunity to network with corporate representatives, faculty, and students. This event is open to the community.