Freshmen: These programs are for you!
When: Summer Session 2
What: A summer program before your fall semester. You will get a head start on your collegiate career with courses, orientations to campus life, a preview of resources and opportunities, and a foundation of lasting friendships. The Summer Scholars program creates a successful transition to Illinois.
When: Fall term, as a part of ENG 100
What: Peer mentors, juniors and seniors in the College of Engineering, are available to support you in your transition to Engineering at Illinois by offering on-the-ground friendly advice.
When: Aug. 25th, 2018
Where: Krannert Center for the Performing Arts
What: An inspiring afternoon full of speakers, entertainment, food, and more. It is your official welcome to Engineering at Illinois and the start of Engineering 100.
All first-year students are expected to attend.
When: Freshman year
What: Informal events to connect you with corporate representatives (co-sponsored with Engineering Career Services).
The objectives of this program are to help you:
- Gain a better understanding of the field of engineering and the breath of opportunities available.
- Actively engage with practicing engineers and HR personnel of nation’s top companies in a casual and relaxed atmosphere.
- Learn about companies and the characteristics companies look for in an intern or new hire candidate.
- Establish contacts in the engineering industry.
- Understand the importance of developing strong resumes early.
When: December 12, 2018; 4:00 – 7:00 pm
Where: 2405 Siebel Center
What: Open house style event showcasing the work of freshmen in IEFX electives.